Wednesday 24 July 2013

The Simple Things

I am without a doubt a home girl. There's something about seeing the sign welcoming me into Gloucestershire that makes me feel so....happywell, a word that Adam and I use, meaning absolute happiness and complete-ness, that feeling of being utterly content.

So what better than a beautifully sunny evening sitting by the lakes? Lakeside has to be one of my favourite places to have a bite to eat when the sun finally emerges from behind the clouds. They do a great BBQ/Pizza/Burger menu which is relatively well priced and perfect for a summer evening. After the first day of my month-long internship, Adam treated me to a delicious meal there (and a couple of glasses of chilled white wine!)





I went for the chicken burger. (This was before I decided I needed my bikini bod!) With the most enormous pot of garlic mayo. I was won over.



Adam went for the chicken. (Mine was better!)




You can go Water skiing and Wake boarding right next to the bar/cafe which makes for great entertainment during your meal!


There's this spot near my house which is probably one of my favourite places in the world. What is it? It's a layby overlooking a pig field. I realise how ridiculous this sounds but it's a place very close to my heart. Adam used to and still does take me here when things get tough. When I have my little moments, when I'm completely ludicrously silly and fussy, I get driven to see the piglets, almost in the same manner as someone being sent to an asylum. I'm swiftly distracted by their cuteness and I quickly shut up, sit down and stop whining.


Now you've seen the photo of the beautiful countryside I bet you don't think I'm that batty anymore..!
It feels like I'm in the middle of nowhere, un-contactable by phone, no signal. Feels kinda nice!


Sitting on top of the car...in the sunshine with cool drink (and checking out the cute piglets) is an evening well spent according to me.


As I said.. I'm a home girl...It's the simple things isn't it.



Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment